To be honest, I can’t really read the spoiler images, so to prevent mistakes I won’t write much. All I can say to what I know for certain is: bwah?
(Updated post for full chapter is out here.)
This does seem to be that Youtou Hina, by the way. It is possible for a sword to take a level in badass?
EDIT: I had a little recap of what Love Hina (it’s been really, really long since I’ve read it) had noted regarding the sword. Some points:
- It was passed down the Urashima line (according to Haruka? Keitarou didn’t seem to know about it.)
- Holding it “feels good.”
- An evil spirit inhabits the sword, which can possess anyone who touches it.
- Drawing the sword releases the full power of the spirit – at this point, only someone at the level of Tsuruko would be able to exorcise it.
- Tsuruko: “That is the sword which in the past drove our Shinmeiryuu to the brink of destruction – the legendary demon blade ‘Hina’ that turned Kyoto into a sea of flame.”
- “As expected… of a demon blade which absorbs the vital force of its vessel to become even more powerful.”
- The possessed (‘agent’ of the spirit) can absorb vital force (life energy) by kissing its target on the lips.
- Motoko seals the spirit back into the sword using Zanmaken Ni no Tachi.
- After Motoko mastered the sword, it can fly to her when she commands it.
- Motoko uses it as part of a two-sword style (along with Keitarou’s, um, Pencil of Failing) in her last battle against Tsuruko.